We have a standard training course to introduce people to the the basics of using any of the Map Intelligence Clients.
This is a one day course during which trainees build a map enabled application using data for a fictitious Fast Food chain in the Sydney area (Australia). At the end of the day attendees will be able to create a Map Intelligence powered application and understand how to:
- Select a map
- Configure the style of the application
- Use map Layers
- Create Point Layers
- Create Relationship Layers
- Create Join Layers
- Use the basic MI Viewer analytical tools
Whatever your needs, we are happy to work with you to design a course tailored to your company’s business, industry sector or particular application solution. Integeo has very successfully worked with customers to produce tightly focused training for applications built with Map Intelligence.
Our authors are not just technical but are also highly creative and sensitive to the level of skills in the target community.
Our experience ranges from one-on-one ‘train the trainer” sessions through to country wide road shows to groups of trainees. We can arrange a venue to conduct the training or it can be held in your workplace.
Such custom training is not necessarily an expensive option so please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This half-day workshop is a hands-on opportunity for anyone interested in using maps with their Excel data. Attendees will learn first hand the practical uses of dynamic mapping in business and how Map Intelligence enables all levels of staff to be more productive. Understanding your business is more than just a seeing a scatter of data on a map.
Attendees do not need any previous experience in using Geographic Information Systems and will not need to write a single line of code to build sophisticated map-enabled Excel applications. This workshop is the ideal introduction to our Map Intelligence courses for more advanced Business Intelligence tools.
Learn how to
- build a map-enabled Franchise Management application which analyses the fast food industry in Greater Sydney.
- take address data, geocode, then use it to generate points over your maps and theme them based on your business requirements.
- integrate census data with business data and investigate areas such as market penetration.
- color code areas such as suburb or postcode and analyze this in relation to point data.
- readily integrate this with Google Maps, using Google Maps online service capabilities. It will provide you with a completely new way of visualizing your excel base data.
At the end of this workshop you will be able to create a mapping application using data directly from an Excel spreadsheet, you will be able to
- configure the Map Intelligence server connection settings
- configure multiple map layers
- use various Map Intelligence Mapping Viewer tools to navigate around your map and analyze the data, including using the Contour, Distance Calculator, Active Points and Selection tools
- save and load the results as a map template file.
These small group public workshops come with a comprehensive training manual with plenty of screen shots, revision exercises and easy to follow steps and suggestions.
Our instructors are carefully selected as knowledgeable, experienced and patient computer training professionals with industry experience. We provide a fun, entertaining and dynamic learning environment with lots of practical hands on exercises and real world examples.Download: Training Brochure